Here are ten points each on the difference between weight loss and fat loss and why you should aim for more fat loss.
1. - Fat Loss - Fat loss can be achieved by building more muscle. Since muscle is metabolically active the more muscle you have the more calories you'll burn.
Weight loss - People usually lose weight by doing long duration cardio workouts. This could have a catabolic effect on the body which means instead of building muscle you lose muscle. Meaning a lot of the weight you drop is from muscle, slowing your metabolism down.
2. Fat loss - A diet high in protein will help repair the body and prevent muscle breakdown. Which means more fat will be lost.
Weight loss - Crash dieting and starving the body of food in order to lose weight will stress the body to much, weaken the immune system and breakdown a lot of muscle tissue to use for energy.
3. Fat loss - Weight training will change the entire shape of your body by burning fat and building muscle.
Weight loss - Cardio alone will help you lose weight but wont do much for changing the shape of your entire body.
4. Fat loss - Fish oils will turn on your fat burning genes and turn off your fat storing genes for long term success.
Weight loss - Liquid diets will shock the body into losing weight fast. However as soon as you go back to normal eating chances are you could put on even more weight than you started with.
5. Fat loss - Green tea will help burn more body fat, and improve your overall health. About three cups per day for best results.
Weight loss - A lot of people drink diet soda's when trying to lose weight. Bad idea the aspartame in diet soda's can cause a lot of health problems.
6. Fat loss - You need to monitor on a weekly basis your body fat levels to know where you are losing fat from the most and what areas are lagging behind.
Weight loss - A lot of people just use the scales as a measurement. This will tell you how much total weight you have lost but cannot tell you if its muscle or fat that you are losing.
7. Fat loss - You can actually spot reduce certain stubborn areas through dietary and supplementary protocols by looking at your hormonal profile.
Weight loss - If you have certain stubborn body fat areas that just wont shift doing more cardio probably wont help to lose it and could even make it worse.
8. Fat loss - From a dietary point of view the more you can eat like a caveman did the better chance of being lean you have. Just ask the question before you eat, did a caveman have access to this type of food?
Weight loss - Most people who want to get lean consume to many sugary and processed carb's when they do eat. Instead of loosing fat they end up gaining extra fat from this.
9. Fat loss - Keep your workout short and intense(60mins max) to get the best fat loss gains from your training.
Weight loss - People train much to long in the gym and just add extra stress to the body which makes it even harder to drop fat. Again sacrificing muscle tissue instead of fat.
10. Fat loss - Post workout shake that consists of Protein, Glutamine and Glycine works best to build muscle and loose fat.
Weight loss - After training some people don't consume any post workout shake and don't eat for hours. This is by far the worst thing you can do if you looking to become lean and healthy